Wednesday 12 March 2014

Theft in our House - 1986


Suddenly Aman said "Aapke Ghar Mein Pehle Chori Hi Thi Na".Now how did my Nephew know that our house was robbed so many years back.
I remember it still as if it was yesterday.It was rainy season and because of incessant rain and moisture our back-door got swollen,as wooden doors generally do.So we used to just close it tight without latching it.It was one such night when we got robbed.

Next morning when my husband woke up he discovered the theft.Thieves came in through the back-door and since only Kitchen and verandah could be accessed took what they got,i.e.Gas Cylinder,Dual Gas Stove,Sarees which were left to dry,Kerosene stove and bicycle.My young son told us he did saw shadows on bedroom window but was too young to make anything of them.

My Husband Shankar then followed Bicycle tracks to few kilometers after which they just vanished for many other vehicles have passed since.Then my Husband reported the robbery to the police and a fat chubby constable came and asked questions like "do you suspect anybody" which of course we didn't.

Our neighbors were really helpful and gave us Tea and things to eat for we had no means to cook.Later on a kind Lady who lived near by gave her stove to me so I can cook for my family.This incident strengthened my belief  in goodness of mankind.Whatever differences we may have,in time of need we do come together and help each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment