Saturday 1 March 2014

How I lost my Cooking skills


Women of Bibipur.My Husband's village in Banthara Lucknow.

In early 1990's my husband Shanker got promoted to a LIC branch in Raebareli.As he traveled back and forth by train,many times he drank contaminated water.Soon he had Jaundice and it continued till his death in 1998.He had a attack of it every three months.He would vomit a lot and would be all pale and yellowish.

So for him I had to make a meal fit for a sick person and for my kids a meal for normal person.For him I would make salads,fruit salads and mostly boiled things.It all became really stressful what with looking after a sick husband and making meals twice and seeing after the children too.Soon I lost my sixth sense of cooking,you know what to put in and in what quantities.Later on in life,after Shanker was dead and gone I gave up cooking altogether and hired a cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment